New Year, New Blog, New Me



Welcome to My Bookish Life ...

I've always said that I don't like even numbers, I'm an odd's man. But what I've noticed over the last few years is that the odd years don't seem to be working very well for me and so here we are in 2018 (hurdling towards the end of January already!) and I'm determined to make this an amazing year! I'm also someone that doesn't believe in making new years resolutions, so once again I haven't made any. If you want to change something, change it. This is why I'm wishing you a happy new year three weeks later and I still haven't gone to the gym! I dream of running and that counts as a form of exercise right? But now I want to change that.

You might at this point be wondering to yourself...isn't this supposed to be a book blog and yes you're right, but one of the reasons I'm here is that I also want it to be so much more!

A lot of you might know me from Dark Readers, an experience that I will be eternally grateful to Casey for, where I got to open up myself to the world of blogging, had some amazing experiences and met the BEST people! But the more I was reviewing and starting to put up more 'random' posts that didn't seem to have a definitive place on the blog ( which I felt I had certain blogging obligations too) I felt I wanted a space where I could vent my thoughts on topics other than books and talk about more personal things that I might have previously been adverse to talking about (as a known bottler of feelings) that collectively encompass my bookish life! SO here we are, new year new blog - tick, tick!

New me I'm not so sure about. I'm still the same old me, constantly changing, constantly learning, but I want to improve. I want to be a better version of me, but that as ever is up to me and motivation in that respect is something I lack. But I can feel myself changing, slowly and that's exciting.

I'm taking 2018 as a fresh start, a chance to become a better version of me and really focusing on doing things for me to achieving the goals I have set myself.  Along the way it'll be filed with a plethora of book, film and theatre reviews and I'm excited to see what's to come! Whether you drop in occasionally or are here for the whole bumpy ride welcome. Here's to 2018 and the start of good things! 

- Stephen


Comments

Popular Posts