25 (ish) of my most anticipated reads for 2018

The one thing that never changes in a readers life is the ever growing TBR pile. 2017 was a great year for books, I read some absolute gems and 2018 seems like it's going to be just as exciting. I vowed this year to read more of the books that have been sitting on my shelf, especially the ones that I've claimed to have read, but as well as smashing through those there are certain books I'm verrrrry excited for. This list I found as I was putting it together is not exhaustive and there are so many other books coming out, but then you'd be scrolling all day if I included everything (notable shoutout goes to the new V E Schwab, Ben Galley and Darren Dash books coming out)! So here's to 2018, let me know what you're looking forward to and we can grow our TBR piles together ;-)  (Disclaimer release dates are as accurate as I could find them...and we all know what publishing is like, so everything is subject to change :o )




Ok so I used the American cover, and those I liked the UK one, there's just something about this one that ticks all my boxes for a blurb that is giving me shivers. The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert is out Feb 8th from Penguin




This is a book i'm really looking forward to. Eve always going for the gut, taking on touch subjects, one which is going to have close personal connections for me out on March 1st from Scholastic. 




Mel's back, Mel's back, Mel's back...that's all you need to know.  Buy the book, read the book, make your March a little better, out March 1st from Scholastic

I haven't read a lot of Irvine Welsh but whenever I have I've been gripped, and hearing him read from last year's The Blade Artist I am here for this, looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and get my scotts on... coming out March 29th


I've been really interested in this series, and Macbeth is one of the few Shakespeare I am very familiar with, possibly too much, so I'm excited to see where Nesbo takes this, coming April 5th




Even the cover is shimmering on the page....Just look at it! I've been seeing the buzz on twitter and its definitely got me excited. Juno Dawson's Clean is hitting shelves April 5th! 




This...Just this! The cover is beautiful...The premise is beautiful and I am here in every which was for Madeline Miller's classical Circe...April 19th seems a long way away Bloomsbury!!!



OK, so I've already read this! But that doesn't mean I can't be excited, excited for Tom, excited for me and excited for you to be able to read this!!!!!! This statement is not a lie! Coming your way June 7th from Walker Books



You can basically hear the ripple of excitement for Lousie O'Neill's feminist retelling of The Little Mermaid. this book. It seems like its going to be a year of the mermaid and this is g
oing to be a harrowing, gripping but exciting read..... May 3rd from Scholastic




After the trauma I experienced reading Sarah Pinborough's Behind Her Eyes I AM HERE FOR THIS. I don't even need to say anymore...I just want to read this book! Stupid May 17th! 




New Claire North! New Claire North! I still think often about The sudden disappearance of Hope, and i will if need be throw Claire's books at people to convince them to buy them so I AM EXCITED FOR NEW CLAIRE NORTH! coming our way May 24th from Orbit!  


The event I managed for Angie whilst at Waterstones Piccadilly was one of my favourites to work on, not least because of the amount of attention and support it got from readers! On The Come Up is sure to be just as important and successful. Walker is presenting a stroooong YA list this year and you best believe we're here for it.


The boys are back! I had the pleasure of delving deeper into Noah's story last year as part of Scholastic's cringe fest so I'm excited to see where Noah's adventures take him now, and as ever it;s great to have LGBT representation front and foremost this summer (June 7th to be precise) two banana's is better than one eh (i will definitely reuse this joke!)




Will this be the year of the Early Riser..who knows! Who really know...I'm looking at you Hodder. I have eternal hopes for August 2nd because I need a Fforde Fix and I need it soon.


The cover for ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK YOUR HEART has not yet been reveled but its a new Katie, and Katie is an amazing person and this books is going to be an exciting one! Get your summer read on!



OK, so let's all just agree that October is going to be a Harry Potter month with the assumed Illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is realsed and that is going to be a work of art and THENNNNNN the Chris Riddel Tales of Beedle the Bard. I have been mixed on the amount of artists working across the projects, but the fresh and different life that is being breathed into these works has won me over and this is going to be a big book!




The Wicked series will always have a place in my heart and so I look forward to a new Ggregory Maguire so see, similarly to Christina Henry, where he is going to take us on this journey through stories we already know and love. This feels like its going to be a perfect winter read and The Nutcracker is definitely a story he can really get in and under...



And there are still so many other titles I'm still wanting to include.....suffice to say, if I manage to read even half of these and all the other books I plan to it will have been a good reading year! What are you looking forward too????

Comments

Popular Posts